FilmRise is proud to present special collectors editions of Sukiyaki Western Django on DVD, Blu-ray, and digital formats on June 16th. The film is presented in 5.1 DTS-HD MA, 2.0 DTS-HD MA and 5.1 Surround, 2.0 Stereo.
Famed Japanese auteur Takashi Miike, best known for cult classics Audition, Ichi the Killer and The City of Lost Souls, redefines the spaghetti Western with Sukiyaki Western Django, an epic tale of blood, lust and greed starring Hideaki Ito, Yusuke Iseya, Kaori Momoi and Quentin Tarantino.
Two clans battle for a legendary treasure hidden in a desolate mountain town. One day, a lone gunman, burdened with deep emotional scars but blessed with incredible shooting skills, drifts into town. Two clans try to woo the lone gunman to their sides, but he has ulterior motives. Dirty tricks, betrayal, desire and love collide as the situation erupts into a final, explosive showdown.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the main feature in 2.35:1 aspect ratio
- Audio: English 5.1 Surround, 2.0 Stereo
- English and Spanish Subtitles
- Sukiyaki Western Django : Extended Cut (HD, 159:57, with Optional Japanese Subtitles)
- Making of Featurette (SD, 52:37, In Japanese with English Subtitles
- Deleted Scenes (SD, 06:37)
- Sizzle Reel (SD, 03:12)
- Promotional Clips (SD, 02:58)
- US and Japanese Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots (SD)
- Sales Points
- Talented ensemble cast including Hideaki Ito, Yusuke Iseya, Kaori Momoi and Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction)
- From acclaimed legendary cult film director Takashi Miike (Ichi the Killer, 13 Assassins, Audition)
FilmRise is a film and TV distribution company and streaming network founded by veteran producer/financiers Danny Fisher, Jack Fisher and Alan Klingenstein. With over 15,000 titles in a wide range of genres, the company’s releases include HBO’s multiple Emmy-winning “Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief”; “Janis: Little Girl Blue,” produced by Oscar-winner Alex Gibney; two-time Academy Award-nominee Julie Delpy’s “Lolo”; and the Sundance hit “White Girl”. Television titles include such classics as “Hell’s Kitchen” and “3rd Rock from the Sun”, as well as the iconic Robert Stack hosted series “Unsolved Mysteries”.
FilmRise’s film releases include the box office hit “My Friend Dahmer” starring Ross Lynch and Anne Heche; “Manifesto” starring two-time Oscar-winner Cate Blanchett; sci-fi drama “Marjorie Prime” starring Jon Hamm and Lois Smith; Jada and Will Smith’s “Sprinter”; the worldwide streaming sensation documentary release “Life in the Doghouse” and; the Sundance Grand Jury Prize winning feature film “The Miseducation of Cameron Post” starring Chloë Grace Moretz.
For more information, please visit www.FilmRise.com